TossaCostaBrava.com Forums
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Announcements
 Webcam
 Angry looking sea!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anne Posted - 16/02/2010 : 15:00:35
Oh my goodness the sea is pounding up the beach again. Hope it doesn't get much further.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sandra Mollat Posted - 19/03/2010 : 22:16:40
Awaiting return of friends due back this weekend from a break in tossa. If they give me any info will be happy to keep you posted.
kenford Posted - 19/03/2010 : 15:27:05
Junio Uno

I was watching RTV.ES video clips last sunday evening and one of the articles (as far as I could make out) concerned power lines down in Girona Provence, placard carring protestors in Caldes de Malvela and the final few seconds indicated "Tossa de Mar" and showed staff linking up power line to a very big mobile generator it looked as if it was on the dual carriageway at the rear of the Costa Brava Hotel but it was over in seconds.

regards,

Ken Ford
Rosyth,Fife
June Posted - 19/03/2010 : 10:17:24
I HAD IT ON GOOD AUTHORITY THAT TOSSA HAD NO POWER FOR 5 DAYS AFTER THE SNOW. Good to see everything LOOKS back to normal now

Junio Uno
kenford Posted - 19/03/2010 : 09:37:08
Hi all,

Good to see webcam up and running again.

Looks a lovely morning.

regards,

Ken Ford
Rosyth,Fife
Sandra Mollat Posted - 08/03/2010 : 21:17:08
Well, why i always wish i was in Tossa, on my patio here in sunny Manchester, the thermometer reached 20 degrees. However as frost is forecast for tonight, all my tender plants are cocooned from the frost. Hope Tossa will not suffer any damage.
anne Posted - 08/03/2010 : 21:04:11
Oh my goodness it looks and sounds horrendous - unless you like snow! Thanks for the info ....I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw the Tossa webcam.
canyelles Posted - 08/03/2010 : 20:23:52
More info here ....

http://lloret-de-mar-stuff.blogspot.com/

After talking to friends in Lloret again this afternoon it seems that the town is almost at a standstill.

Thousands of homes are without power, many cars have had to be abandoned as many roads are impassable owing to the heavy snowfall. Some roads were passable only in 4x4 vehicles.
All schools in the Girona region will closed this afternoon and tomorrow.

A statement on the Ryanair website says that Girona airport is closed until further notice.

Heavy snow has also affected the main streets in the city of Barcelona, snow ploughs are out trying to keep them clear.
canyelles Posted - 08/03/2010 : 20:10:19
No it really was snowing today.

Plainly visible on Webcams at Lloret and Calella De Palafrugell

The sea at Tossa looks extremely rough as well
anne Posted - 08/03/2010 : 19:22:29
Am looking at the webcam now (just after 7pm British time) and though its stuck at 15.50 it looks as if it is snowing on the Mar Menuda beach!! Can this be or does my computer screen need a clean?!
geoffval Posted - 07/03/2010 : 17:01:30
So,so pleased that forum has woken up and to hear that Sarah (now known as the Boss) is doing so well. I have a few days in Malaga at the end of May, so will look out for K&S on the Costa del Sol.
It isn't just this forum that goes quiet in the winter - many other ones nod off and then Spring to life In Spring.
anne Posted - 04/03/2010 : 17:32:35
Thank goodness for that. They certainly don't ever again want a repeat of the Boxing day storms. It's looking a little calmer today.
kenford Posted - 04/03/2010 : 09:19:41
anne
That reference to cleaning up was to beach cleaning staff.
Bad as it was It was not on the scale of Boxing day but I think a few people would be very anxious, sorry if I misled you into thinking about prom./business being affected.

regards,

Ken Ford
Rosyth,Fife
anne Posted - 03/03/2010 : 20:32:06
Can only see the view from the webcam in the dark but the sea does look very rough - has it been bad during the day? Judging by your comments, kenford, when you said staff are going to have a busy day clearing up - I guess it has been. Oh dear.

kenford Posted - 03/03/2010 : 17:46:48
Sea really wild again this evening, hope the worst has passed and people/property are safe.
I looks as if staff are going to have a busy day clearing up yet again.

regards,

Ken Ford
Rosyth,Fife
June Posted - 27/02/2010 : 12:40:08
I'm still here too, but haven't much to say nowadays. So busy with a learning curve, having just bought a lap-top with Windows 7. Struggling to download slides from scanner, as it will not accept Adobe Photoshop Home Edit for editing. Also we both have hospital visits to sort out probs. so may not make Tossa this June

Junio Uno

TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page