TossaCostaBrava.com Forums
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Announcements
 Events Diary
 Hand-luggage and Airport Security

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
David Posted - 10/09/2006 : 14:09:22
We are heading for Tossa on the 12th, and would appreciate any feedback on the present problems [if any] when you part with your hold luggage, and pass through security with your hand-luggage at any UK airport. ALSO, have you experienced any problems when returning through the security at GIRONA Airport?

We have read all the information on the wbsites for various airports, but hear of passengers being allowed one thing at one airport - others refused at other airports - makes for confusion - don't you agree?

Any advice appreciated.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sarah Posted - 01/10/2006 : 16:32:35
I now have a large selection of hand luggage bags to suit every occasion. May open a shop!!

Girona was easy, we sailed through with everything and anything we wanted in our hand luggage - including the essential lip gloss. They did weigh it, but that was just you-know-who trying to squeeze even more out of us in excess baggage. But joy! They didn't manage it this time. Ha Ha! They couldn't get us on the hold luggage which was just under our allowance, so they weighed the hand luggage - can you believe it! We were laughing all the way to boarding gate - until we found out we had a two hour delay and we STOOD in line all that time to make sure we got on first.
claredenandrose Posted - 18/09/2006 : 22:12:29
Heard today that the rules will be relaxed even more shortly, so as said before, if possible check with your relevant airport.

We would love to live in Tossa !!!
claredenandrose Posted - 17/09/2006 : 21:57:47
We have just returned from Alicante Airport, and flew out from Stansted. I managed to check their website before leaving and found out what you could and could not take through security.
No cosmetics, liquids of any kind, just a small hand luggage bag etc. etc., so was prepared. There are seperate rules for those with children, or having essential medicines. There were a lot of people coming down the queues asking if you had cosmetics or liquids etc in your hand luggage just before entering the security /screening part. It was surprising just how much they had collected in their bags. We had to also take off shoes, so I was prepared with the slip on type, and clean socks with no holes !!!!
Once through security, you could purchase liquids and cosmetics if needed to take on board
So I would advise if you can, check online with the airport you are using. Make sure you arrive as early as possible as the queues are obviously a little longer than usual.
Coming back from Spain, there was very little change to any rule, except hand baggage was kept to a minimum. I even took my esential "lippy" on board !!
Hope this helps.

We would love to live in Tossa !!!
geoffval Posted - 15/09/2006 : 12:30:21
Thanks Sarah.
Regional airports do not seem so bad and the papers say that the hand luggage rules are to be eased next week.
Whether this will be in time for our flight next Wednesday we do not know but will post info on Birmingham and Barcelona Airports on our return in late September.
Sarah Posted - 15/09/2006 : 08:47:19
Obviously this is too late for David but may be useful for others...

We had a complete nightmare at Stansted. We had to check in our hand luggage even though weŽd been sure to buy the right size bags. The queues at check in were atrocious, as was the queue to pay for excess baggage and checking in bags that you hadnŽt prepaid at the time of booking.

Luckily we arrived very early with plenty of time before the flight and had time to go to secruity first and ask them if we would get through with our hand luggage. They said no, so at least we then had the chance to check the bags in. Others were being sent back to the long check in queues with their oversized hand luggage to do the process all over again.

By the time we finally got through security we hardly had any time the other side to buy all the things we needed that we werenŽt allowed to take through, like water, lip balm, etc. It was rush, rush, rush.

My advice is, give yourselves loads and loads of time, be prepared for mega queues EVERYWHERE, check in, loos, shops, etc. And take note of the hand luggage allowance size and shave several centimetres off it so it fits in the sizing cages which are much SMALLER than the size quoted. Oh, and get ready to remove your SHOES and put them through the Xray with your bags and all.

Nightmare!

TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page