New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2005 :  14:26:08  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage
The December 2005 and early January 2006 Events Diaries are now live on the website.

All the Christmas and New Year activities and events taking place in Tossa are listed in the diaries.

There's lots going on in December - of particular note:

The Christmas Fair In the Paseo del Mar - with freshly made hot soup to keep you warm!
Live Nativity Scenes in the Vila Vella - on 8, 18 and 26 scenes from the Christmas story will be played out by live actors
Competition of Christmas Flower Arrangements - participants compete to win one of three prizes with their Christmas-themed arrangements of natural or artificial flowers, which are then exhibited in the House of Culture for three days afterwards.
Midnight Mass - on 24 December in the Parish Church, followed by carol singing

And in January...
New Years Party at 1am on New Years Day with live music and dancing til dawn!
The Cavalcade of the Three Kings - the highlight of the Spanish Christmas - three 'Kings' parade through the streets of Tossa throwing sweets to the children and end up at the Church Square. This marks the bringing of the gifts and 6 January is when the Spanish open their Christmas presents.

How lucky you are if you are in Tossa during the festive season!

Look out for the my articles on Christmas in Tossa and Christmas in Spain in the December Newsletter - coming soon!

Sandra Mollat
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2005 :  15:43:16  Show Profile
There certainly is a lot going on during the Christmas period. We have never spent Christmas there but we did celebrate New year there about 20 years ago. The weather was lovely during the day but by night we were looking for bars/restuarants with heating, log fires or wood burning stoves. As more hotels[ with central heating] open for the Christmas period, I feel more and more people will book to spend a winter holiday there. I think the Hotel Mare Nostrum and the Golden Bahia are open for Christmas this year.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2005 :  19:40:04  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage
Yes, there are a few hotels open this year for Christmas, full details will be in the December newsletter.

I like the sound of sitting by a log fire, drinking sangria and enjoying the ambience of Tossa in a different guise to the summer one we know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page