New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  21:00:33  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage
The Events Diary for March is now live on the website.

The month starts with the burial of the sardine to mark the end of winter and beginning of Lent. Now all the carnival celebrations are over, it's 40 days and 40 nights of giving up something you usually can't do without, like chocolate or cava. I remember one year (many, many years ago ), in school the teacher would go round the class asking everyone what they were giving up for Lent. I wondered why she was laughing so much when I said I was giving up stealing my sister's sweets or crisps and then trying to convince her she'd already eaten them.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand. During March, visitors to Tossa may enjoy the photographic exhibition of Tossa during the 1950s and 1960s at the Municipal Museum.

Also during March and April, why not indulge in a cookery course one evening a week at the Mar Menuda Hotel kitchen? Tossa's cooks will teach you how to cook vegetables in the local style over six weeks. For those who are unable to attend, look out for Kevin's tips on cooking vegetables coming soon to this Forum.

Plus if you fancy a four hour walk at 9 o'clock in the morning, why not take one of the Tourist Office's guided walks? Destinations for March include Porto Pi, Puig s'Abell and Cala Morisca.

Have fun in March!

Edited by - Sarah on 01/03/2006 21:02:23

kevineveritt

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  21:09:40  Show Profile  Visit kevineveritt's Homepage
My top tips on cooking vegetables:

1. Take a pair of scissors
2. Cut open your packet of frozen brocolli or runner beans or whatever was on buy one get one free at Tescos this week
3. Empty the packet into a large saucepan
4. Remove any twigs or other foreign bodies commonly included to make up the weight
5. Add a vegetable oxo cube and bits and pieces of dried herbs as desired, plus some Spanish black pepper
6. Add boiling water and turn on the hob
7. Simmer gently for around 15 minutes or until your other half re-appears from spending an hour in the bath
8. Empty into a sieve
9. Plonk on your plate
10. Cover with gravy
11. Eat

Sorted!

Edited by - kevineveritt on 01/03/2006 21:10:34
Go to Top of Page

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  17:08:06  Show Profile
Kevin, if you add a potato diced quite small, and use mixed veggies, then, when cooked, just blend the whole lot and you have excellent veg soup !!! Just what we need at the moment.

We would love to live in Tossa !!!
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  14:13:33  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage
Kevin said can you make some for him and post it by Special Delivery to arrive in time for his lunch tomorrow please?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page