New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2006 :  14:22:54  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage
The Events Diary for July is now on the website - what an action packed month it is!

I think the thing that stands out most for me personally, and something I'd like to watch but from the safety of a balcony, is the ‘Toquen a Córrer, Ses Nou Sardanes’. This is where people run through the streets and get soaked with water being thrown over them from the balconies above! I love the warning in the Tourist Office Programme, 'if you don't want to get wet, stay away from these streets!'. Great fun!

Of course, July sees the major feast of San Pedro, the patron saint of Tossa, and there are lots of celebrations surrounding this, including the massive fireworks display on Saturday night - wonder if we'll be able to see this on the webcam?

There is another major feast later in the month - Saint Benet - and also the celebration of St Christopher's Day. As St Christopher is the patron saint of travel, on this day, anyone who wishes to have their vehicles blessed can do so at the bus station, after Mass in the parish church.

If anyone is going to Tossa in July and can take some video or photos of any of the events, please do so and send them to me to put on the website - naturally you will be credited!

Happy holidays to all going to Tossa for July.

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  14:41:22  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage
The diary has now been updated to the end of July, and we could just about fit everything on it!

There are lots of concerts taking place along the main promenade (the one that runs past Wimpy). If you have a look at the Events Diary, you'll see that all the bands and choirs featuring in the concerts have very British names! That's because this month, Tossa plays host to an assortment of talented school-age musicians from England and Wales.

Also, there is lots of Sardana dancing to keep everyone entertained (and fit!). Don't forget to send me your photos!

www.tossacostabrava.com/events_diary.html

Edited by - Sarah on 10/07/2006 14:42:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page