Hotel Capri
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2005 :  14:25:49  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This restaurant has never failed to please us.

We take tapas there nearly every day, trying something different each day. So far, we´ve tried the patatas bravas, which are by far the best in Tossa, and believe me, we´ve tried loads!

We´ve also tried the pescaditos fritos (small fried fish), gambas saladas (cold prawns), pulpo a la gallega (octpus Galician style) and loads more.

They also do a wonderful full menu. Last night we thoroughly enjoyed a large ´parillada de pescado y mariscos´, together with the best tomato and garlic bread we´ve ever had. The parillada consisted of large prawns, cigalas, mussels, cockles, a generous fillet of grilled salmon, a tuna steak and a fillet of hake and one of monkfish. It´s in the higher price range of €24.50 per person but it´s absolutely fantastic!

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2006 :  12:00:45  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We were a bit upset this year to find the Capri doesn't seem to be serving their wonderful range of tapas during the day any more.

We therefore had to go off in search of other good tapas places - about the best tapas we had was at the Hotel Diana - see my separate posting about this. Also, the tapas at Cap D'or is reasonable - and the home made cod balls are divine!
Go to Top of Page

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  17:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sandra strongly recommended we try the Restaurant Capri as it is under new management and had a great menu el dia at €13.
The Capri can be very expensive (fish off the Al la Carte is from €17 to €27 ) and with our attempt to watch the pennies in the recession we thought to give it a go.
So on a balmy June evening off we trotted - and what a bargain it was.
Val stuck to her melon con jamon and I went for the menu.
Big choice but I settled on avocado with prawns ( center scooped out,mixed with prawns then refilled) followed by lomo a la plancha. My pud was the ubiquitous creme catalan (but a good one) and Val chose her new favourite catalan speciality- recuit amb mel (curd with honey).
Wine, water and bread were included in my menu and with extra wine for Val the bill was €39.09
We will return!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page