New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   

john
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  16:30:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found Tossa de Mar, by accident.My wife and I were looking for a last minute holiday, and found ourselves in Tossa. We were immediately overwhelmed by the beauty of the old town, the castle overlooking the bay,(especially when lit up at night)the little narrow streets,with their bars and restaurants,the friendly local people.By our second night there,we had made friends with several people,of various nationalities.We are still friends,and meet every year.I now speak Spanish and a little Russian thanks to Tossa! our friends now are more than friends, we look on them as an extended family. I always leave Tossa with a tear in my eye,(and I a fiercely patriotic Scot) thats what Tossa does to you,you don't want to leave, and it always calls you back,and guess what? We'll be back again this year!!
John Eadie, Bathgate, Scotland

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  20:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What John says is so true. We also visit every year, sometimes twice.
We like the fact that the buildings are not high rise, the views from the shore inland are quite spectacular.
Each year we go we see people who we recognise, from many different countries, that's another good reason to visit, Tossa hasn't become an extension of a "British seaside".
Go to Top of Page

June
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2005 :  14:53:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What more can be said. Bill and I first visited Tossa in June 1982 and have returned each year, mostly to celebrate my birthday in the sun with good company around us. We have seen many changes over the years but MOST have been improvements. The latest building work though is a little too modern for us. It still cannot be matched as the best place to spend your holidays
Go to Top of Page
   Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page