Favourite bars
 The Squirrel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

kevineveritt

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  21:47:40  Show Profile  Visit kevineveritt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of my most favourite bars in Tossa is The Squirrel (La Ardilla). Owned by Carlos, a quiet but lovely man, who serves up the most fantastic Cuba Libre (Bacardi and Coke) on the Costa Brava. Try two glasses but not three because the legs won't work anymore. Inside is soft lighting, and over in the corner is a huge television screen. This bar is a must, it is "very Spanish" and you often see waiters from the restaurants go in there for a quiet drink, I really like it in "The Squirrel".

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  20:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come on then Kevin, tell us where it is so we can plan our "evening route" for our next visit
Go to Top of Page

kevineveritt

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  22:01:37  Show Profile  Visit kevineveritt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, sorry, missed out that important piece of information!

It's number 2, Calle Sant Josep. Standing in the square of the main church, facing the church, take the street to your left (Calle Esglesia), this leads to Calle Sant Josep. Turn left into Sant Josep and keep walking right to the end. La Ardilla is the last bar on the left. It's covered in plants!

I hope these directions are right - but I'm a driving instructor so no guarantees!
Go to Top of Page

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  21:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kevin,
know where it is now, is this where you were in June the night before your "day of rest"?? Will certainly visit next time we are in Tossa
Go to Top of Page

kevineveritt

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  22:48:08  Show Profile  Visit kevineveritt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, this was the night. I wasn't proud of it. Not well at all.

Yes, and I had to go to breakfast on my own the next morning....! Sarah
Go to Top of Page

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  17:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are forgiven Kevin for being so kind to Bill, taking him the bucket filled with sea water
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page