New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

COLIN STARSMORE

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2006 :  09:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Whilst at my regular Spanish Class yesterday in ( freezing cold Sheffield) a fellow pupil mentioned to me that whilst in Tossa last year he regularily had a few San Miguels in a small bar named La Cordobabesa in the village,( so called because the lady who runs the bar is from Cordoba).
Now even though I have been a very frequent visitor for the last thirty years I do not know of this bar.
Can someone help me?
Kay Starsmore ( formerly of Sa Carbonera 1 )

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2006 :  15:07:40  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hola Kay

The bar you are referring to was one of our favourites, and that of a few other Forum members too. La Cordobesa was a lovely cosy little bar run by Amparo, indeed from Cordoba, who retired two (or three?) years ago (Sandra will confirm).

After she retired, the bar was taken over by a couple from Holland, who re-named it 'Petit Bar'. As far as I know it's still there, although I don't remember it being open in September. I can't recall the name of the road it's in, but it's the one with the Neptuno at the top of the hill, you turn left into it at the western (San Marche) end of Avenida del Pelegri. It's just up from, also now closed, the Three Barrils.

Is your fellow pupil sure it was last year he went in La Cordobesa? Maybe he had one too many San Miguels?!

We loved Amparo's sangria, and her company. It was a real shame when she sold the bar.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page