An Artists Impression of Tossa
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2006 :  14:36:34  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to gauge opinion on something and would be most grateful for as many replies as possible on this Forum.

I was recently browsing eBay for Tossa related items for the eBay Time Machine feature in the newsletter, when I came across a delightful watercolour painting of Tossa. I got in touch with the artist to find out more about his work and whether he had, or intended to paint, any more Tossa scenes.

John Cowan kindly replied to me and sent me a selection of samples of his work, which included some Spanish scenes and the one of Tossa that is currently on eBay. The work really is very good and I will be writing an article for the next Newsletter.

John, an amateur artist, visited Tossa last year and is set to return in September this year. He has lots of photos and sketches of Tossa so could easily produce more work, and he is also happy to do commissioned pieces.

So I am looking to find out what everyone thinks of the idea of me setting up a Tossa art shop on the website. Who would be interested in buying or commissioning some works?

Kevin and I have always longed to bring paintings back from Tossa but it's not an easy task on a packed RyanAir flight! How does everyone else feel? Would you like to see a painting of Tossa on your wall?

Thanks for your input, I look forward to reading your replies.

This is the link to John's painting on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7415546938&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

eagle

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2006 :  18:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think its a great idea to have an Art shop, I know what you mean about bringing paintings home on the plane, we have only brought small ones or prints but even they can get damaged. I look forward to "viewing " the gallery
Go to Top of Page

lynnegreenough

15 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2006 :  22:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

We have managed to bring a couple of unframed paintings home.They were packed with strong cardboard and we had to take them on as hand luggage.

I think its a very good idea and maybe we can add to our collection.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Mollat
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2006 :  15:06:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a lovely painting and what a good idea for your website. I have already have five paintings of Tossa but may be tempted in future.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page