Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2006 :  21:26:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondered if it would be possible to have a map on the "Website"
Something that would point out the different beaches with their names, and places like the Tourist info. office, Church, lighthouse etc... but for me the names of the various streets!!! after visiting Tossa for about 9 years now I still don't look at the names of them.

We would love to live in Tossa !!!

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2006 :  21:50:43  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really wanted to include a map from the minute I set up the website, and I contacted the Tourist Office and asked if I could add theirs as a download. But they said they couldn't grant permission for that, so I had to make do with linking to it instead. It's a great map though, in PDF format, you can zoom in, and select bits of it and print it as large as you like. It's got all the street names and names of the beaches and monuments, as well as the location of useful services.

For me to include my own map on the website without copyright problems would cost a fortune - so unfortunately it's not viable for me. Here's some links though that may be helpful for anyone wanting maps:

PDF map of Tossa on Tourist Office website: http://www.infotossa.com/an/situa.htm
(Click on 'Map of Tossa in PDF')

My maps page on Tossacostabrava.com:
www.tossacostabrava.com/maps_of_tossa.html

Edited by - Sarah on 25/07/2006 21:55:08
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2006 :  21:57:24  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
PS There is a really good interactive map on www.tossa.de where you can select a street name and it shows you where it is on the map. Apparently the owner of this website, Lothar Propson, wrote the code for this map - what a clever guy!

Edited by - Sarah on 25/07/2006 21:58:10
Go to Top of Page

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2006 :  13:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information Sarah. I did have a map from the Tourist Board, but lost it. The one on their website is really good.

We would love to live in Tossa !!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page