Bar Josep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lauren

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  11:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are out and about until the small hours and are feeling hungry, then stop off at Bar Josep where they serve food until they close at around 4am!

You have got to try the Bocadillo de Beicon (Bacon roll) - it's delicious - especially at 2 o'clock in the morning!

It's a good place to get a late night drink and whatever time it is you are always welcomed! It gets really busy earlier in the evenings though - and can be very noisy as it's a locals hang-out!

Bar Josep is in Calle Josep which is off the main road running through the new town.

Edited by - Lauren on 11/07/2005 11:51:38

kenford
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2005 :  15:22:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I have just found and registered on this site,
been thro. all the posts and enjoyed them all.

My wife and I have been going to Tossa for 15 years always 1st 2 weeks in September, unfortunately my wife is having an operation in August and we have had to cancel, we are both heartbroken for missing our "fix" of Tossa. We are hoping to squeeze in 1 week in October.

I write on this section because Josep is an old friend.

Together with friends we have spent many a long and enjoyable night in the luxury of his bar.

regards,

Ken Ford
Rosyth,Fife
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2005 :  20:44:57  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hola Ken, welcome! Thank you for joining!

Glad you like the website.

It is a shame you have had to miss Tossa this year. If you have been going every September for 15 years you will have been there at the same time as me and most of the other Forum members.

Hope you can make it in October, I'm sure everyone joins me in wishing your wife all the best for a speedy recovery.

We all love Bar Josep and most of us have shared a late night bacon buttie and drink there.

Keep us posted with your news and views.

Sarah

Go to Top of Page

kenford
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2005 :  09:41:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarah and others

Sarah many thanks for your good wishes. my wife is making a speedy recovery and I have arranged to stay at the Oasis Tossa for 9 days from mid October, flying B.A. EDI - LGW - BCN then train to Blanes (there is no other way being ex British Rail) !

Has anyone been in October wondering what weather will be like ?

I hope all you lucky September visitors have a great time, spare a thought if you are in Josep's Bar. I know that I shall be thinking of my Darlington frieds and shall raise a glass of ASDA "La Muleta" sangia (very good) on a Saturady night while watching La Liga and La Vuelta on Sky
Refering to other post my wife regards his Sangia as the best in Tossa.

regards,

Ken Ford
Rosyth,Fife

Edited by - kenford on 26/08/2005 09:44:15
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2005 :  22:19:12  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hola Ken

So lovely to hear from you and wonderful news about your wife's speedy recovery.

Glad you will make Tossa this year.

I know Sandra will be able to tell you about Tossa and the weather in October - but she is already in Tossa from now until then!

When we arrive in September we will ask her and I will post her views on this forum. I go online every day when I am in Tossa to check the webcam and make sure my website is still working ok!

Sounds like your journey is a long one! Hope it's a good one!

Buen viaje y deseamos que paseis un buen rato en Tossa.

Besos y abrazos

Sarah and I'm sure, all the Forum Members

If any Forum members know about the weather in October please let Ken know ASAP!!

Go to Top of Page

eagle

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  18:13:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to every one, I have just discoverd this site and the forum. We fly out to Tossa on Saturday 17th, it is our first visit and I am looking forward to it after hearing only good things. I like the sound of Bar Josep and we will be sure to pay a visit or two !. I read that Kenford (think thats right ) cannot go in September but he did mention his friends from Darlington, we come from there originaly so I wondered if they will be there when we are. Wish I had discovered this site earlier but better late than never. I will be logging in every day til we go
Go to Top of Page

kenford
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2005 :  13:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Eagle

I too have only recently found this site.

We first met friends from Darlington in Tossa 15 years ago, we always go there within a day or two of each other and have had many a good time in Bar Josep and other establishments. They are there at present but return on Sat 17th.

I received a postcard on Monday which had been posted previous Tuesday very quick.

In recent years we have always called in at the Taverna del Mar which is always very welcoming, but the two older male partners are not there this year, which is sad.

I have seen postings on the Holiday-Truths web that I presume are from you.

I am sure that you will enjoy your holiday it is a very lovely place just waiting to be explored, don't be put of by the exterior, decor or how quite some backstreet bars are we have always been made welcome.

Like many others after first visit I am sure you will wish to return.

regards,

Ken Ford
Rosyth,Fife

Edited by - kenford on 13/09/2005 14:02:10
Go to Top of Page

June
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2005 :  14:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were in Tossa for 2 weeks in Oct. 11 years ago for Bill,my hsband's 60th. We had to stay at the Oasis because the Costa Brava had closed down for the Winter. We had a great time but the weather was very unsettled. The second week of our hols the beach was closed as it was the year when sand was pumped on the main beach in an attempt to extend it and get rid of the shingle. When we returned the following June most of the sand had moved back up towards San Felui, where they had dredged it from in the first place. We spent most of the time watching the workmen struggling in a rough sea with huge pipes being washed off the beach. Tons of sand was eventually piped from the dredger on to the beach whilst we were there.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2005 :  16:02:54  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome eagle!

You will love Tossa. There are so many bars and restaurants to try, just take a look at all the postings on the forum and at the directories in the eating and drinking section of this website. Bar Josep is great for a late night bacon buttie thatīs for sure! But you must also try La Ardilla (The Squirrel), not too late on a Saturday or Sunday night though as it gets packed with students. Also, if you want to surf the net and have a drink at the same time, try Bar Playa in Pou de le Vila.

Have a lovely time!
Go to Top of Page

eagle

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2005 :  18:45:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ken, thanks for your reply, its a shame your friends will have left when we arrive.It is nice to have advice when you go somewhere new, I have printed off Sarahs list of restaurants and other tips and my mouth is watering at the thought. We will certainly pay a visit to Bar Josep and others that are mentioned. This week is going so slow but when we are in Tossa I am sure the time will fly. I will let you know how we got on when we get back.
Eagle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page