New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2007 :  10:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Situated , and sharing with Tapas e Tapas , the alleyway near the chapel this is always good for a light evening meal - not fine dining but very good pizza's and salads.
Enric and Christina rebuilt this establishment 23 years ago on the site of his fathers old house and it overlooks the ancient tower - you can read the history of it on the adjacent plaque.
We share a tuna salad and an excellent pizza tropical washed down with house rosado and followed by their speciality - the most alcoholic banana flambe in town. Bill came to a very reasonable 28.90.
Cannot speak for the rest of the pasta menu but we can recommend pizza - fresh thin based , just how we like them.
Always a friendly welcome and with a choice of inside or outside seating - does get busy some times
Like many locals the family like to get away during the winter and this time went to New York , which they loved.

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2007 :  17:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Visited twice in September - we always try for a table for two outside.
Enric had a big story to tell - his eldest daughter had been rushed to Barcelona by ambulance with severe pneumonia. She had been ill for 3 weeks but the locum (from South America) who had been working in Tossa in August said she had a cracked rib and had bound her chest and gave her pain killers!!!
She was seriously ill and on a drip but he had news that night she was in the clear and would make a full recovery.
Back to the food. We are a bore!
Same very time - Tomato toasted bread , ham and melon for Val as a main course with me having the Pizza Tropical.I then have the lethal Banana Flambada with Val having the Yogurt Griego (she collects the pots!)
Bill including house wine and a beer 40. Nuf said.
Go to Top of Page

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2007 :  21:17:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see you that night geoffval, I did enjoy tasting your Banana Flambada !!!!Yummmmmmy
Go to Top of Page

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2008 :  12:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a good choice of reasonably priced eateries and this is one of our regulars.We work on the basis of two "cheapies" and one "posh" and then the bills average out.
I very much like a traditional thin based pizza and Val likes a light meal (and then robs me of slices of my pizza).
Two recent meals - May and June.
1. San Miguel,house rosado,tuna salad,pizza tropical,banana flambeada,some foc liquors came to 37
2. same menu but melon/ham instead of tuna salad and an extra pud - 39.
If we were teetotal we could eat there for 25!
Go to Top of Page

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2008 :  22:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Missed you there this time Geoff and Val, but we also enjoyed our visit. I usually opt for the macaroni bolognese, not so much mess as the spaghetti!!! although I still managed a few spots of sauce down my front , maybe a bib next time!!!
Go to Top of Page

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  17:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both claredenandrose and ourselves dined on seperate occasions here in June and it is still as good as ever and the banana flambeada still needs a government health warning
The family news is that the eldest daughter, Bertha (who was seriously ill last year) had a little girl in April - both are well and her husband (who looks a good catch ) is now serving in the restaurant.

They have now moved with the baby to the family house, which is on the hillside over from the Continental, so to be better for babysitting and work.

Still one of the best (thin based) pizzas in town.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page