Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Announcements
 Other stuff!
 Is Tossa going to be extra busy in 2008?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  00:08:52  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a thought - this website has experienced extremely high visitor numbers over the past couple of weeks, with Monday 7 April seeing the most ever unique visitors in one day - 1255! Amazing!

I wonder if this means even more people will be enjoying the delights of Tossa this year?

anne
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  13:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it is a delightful place! Let's hope it doesn't get too crowded - though I guess that is a rather selfish statement! Am off there for 8 days on 25th May - can't wait.
Go to Top of Page

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  09:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could part of it be that a certain someone keeps mentioning the site on Tripadvisor!1
Go to Top of Page

oldgit
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2008 :  10:31:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope it will not be too busy at the end of June, or I won't be able to get on the Splash Boat!!!!

Old Git
Go to Top of Page

Luca1963

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  12:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

We will be going back to Tossa at the end of July for 2 weeks,the first time for 2 years.Has there been any changes,is the mini golf still there.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  20:50:39  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sadly Bar Mini Golf has closed. We spent many a happy afternoon having a great laugh there, and even played a few moonlight games on warm evenings. It was one of the first bars we frequented back in 1998 when it was the only place you could get takeaway chips after 11pm!

Now it lies in ruin and we fear awaits development into even more apartments.

There have been lots of changes in Tossa over the last two years. You will be amazed at the rate at which apartment blocks have gobbled up every gnook and cranny at an alarming rate. And maybe you'll be shocked at the influx of the all-inclusive brigade with their fluorescent wrist bands and plastic cups brimming with cheap, free booze.

But you'll be delighted with new things like the lighthouse museum and the wonderful improvements to the old church, plus this year it seems the service in the bars and restaurants was much improved on last year.

Let us know the changes you find!
Go to Top of Page

Luca1963

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  15:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing of interest i found on you tube was a cine film of Tossa converted into a dvd from 1968 it
was amazing to see how different in was.If you just tap in Tossa De Mar there are loads of clips of
tossa well worth a look.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page