Ole, ole. ole, ole!! Euro 2008
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2008 :  21:40:32  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Enhorabuena Spain!!

What a fantastic result! Torres will certainly be in my fantasy football team next season.

anne
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2008 :  22:03:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes absolutely great - the sangria will be flowing in Tossa tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Mollat
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2008 :  23:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Viva Espana! And this from a non football fan!
Go to Top of Page

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2008 :  17:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If only Alonso had scored then it could have been Liverpool 2 Germany 0 !!
One further point . many of the locals in Tossa were showing little interest in the European Cup.
It is that "Catalonia is not Espana " thing.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  13:44:35  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw the coverage of the celebrations on TVE. Everywhere was exploding in festive spirit from Madrid to Seville. I half expected to not see any footage at all from Barcelona but they did pan to the city centre - not as much madness as the other cities - but still a few Spanish flags being flown. I was quite shocked actually seeing as it wasn't long ago that TVE showed footage of some Catalans publicly burning a picture of the King and Queen of Spain.

My Spanish teacher told me today that there is to be a campaign in Spain to encourage Castillian to be more widely spoken in favour of regional languages because children who go to school for example in Catalonia and Valencia are concentrating too much on their own languages and when they visit other parts of Spain they cannot communicate!
Go to Top of Page

pm

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  18:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoyed watching Spain win - wished we were watching it in Bar Elsa as they are Real Madrid fans and love their football!

Talking about the language I remember being very impressed the first time we went to Tossa, 20 years ago, when we were told that school children in that area tend to leave school with approximately 5 languages! Obviously Castillian and Catalan, then they are so close to the border they learn French and because of the importance of tourism English and German are widely taught. Perhaps things have changed over the years.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Mollat
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  22:52:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still some very emotive subjects in Spain between various regions. Feel many holiday makers are not aware of these regional differences.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page