New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

June
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  10:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's been happening to you in your new life in Spain It's been very quiet on the Forum and I, for one, would like to know that you have settled in OK and are enjoying some good weather and good company

Junio Uno

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  19:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi June, thanks for asking, yes we settled really well into our retirement in Spain, just pottering about, nothing to hectic!!! Enjoying the food, lovely views and making new friends...
We are in England at the moment, so I am borrowing Clares computer, and don't really get online much at the moment.
The weather in Alicante was very hot just before we left, 37 degrees at 7.30 in the evening !!!so we decided to head to England for a few weeks, much cooler here..We took our time travelling through France, spending time in Beaune and Nuits St Georges.The scenery in France was beautiful, fields and fields of lavender, sunflowers, and of course the vineyards.
We have lots of things planned while here, including a 3 night stay just outside Scarborough, one of our favourite traditional English seaside resorts. We are at Fortnum and Mason one Saturday for Dinner, compliments of Clare. We have visited our son who lives just outside Bath and had a lovely barbecue, the weather stayed really fine. We have of course been hitting the sales here too. So we are keeping really busy..
We head back September 1st, and will spend 2 nights at the Delfin in Tossa as we really enjoyed it there when we had a one night stay in March. It is a bit expensive for a longer stay, but 2 nights won't break the bank !!
so thanks again for asking June, hope you enjoyed your visit to Tossa, it was good to see you and Bill again.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Mollat
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  22:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm so glad I saw you very briefly in June. Don't think we'll see each other in September as I arrive late on the 3rd. Delighted to hear that everything here and in Spain is going so well for you. Hasta pronto. Sandra
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page