New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2008 :  14:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you get a chance have a look at the web cam on infotossa today-the waves are over the prom and you cannot see the beach.
Forecast until Monday is more of the same.
Oh to be at home,sunny dry but b. cold.

June
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  10:48:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More storms in Tossa over the weekend and Auntie Andrea has lost a 2nd dog kennel, the 1st being destroyed Dec.26/27.According to her,the council are slow to repair the damage done along the prom. and although the main beach looks pretty level again, the sand is still piled up on Mar Menuda and the rock pool has completely vanished.The stone pillars that formed the promenade wall to Mar Menuda are still a mangled heap of steel

Let's hope that the council get it all sorted out before the start of the season

Junio Uno
Go to Top of Page

canyelles

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  09:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am new here so I thought I would just say a little about myself.

My name is Steve and I have a house at Cala Canyelles, between Lloret and Tossa (very close to El Trull if you are familiar with that restaurant)

I have just spent 3 weeks at the house and went to Tossa on 3 occasions.

Here are some pictures I took of the damage at Tossa.

http://picasaweb.google.com/canyelles.gray/TossaInPeril?authkey=Gv1sRgCKGDssWHjKjeeA#

As you can see there is still plenty of work to do, the balastrades in particular are looking in a a very sorry state.

Also a few bars and restaurants are not only boarded up but actually bricked up. This includes Hotel Diana. I presume this is to temporarily seal them off so that they can be internally restored.

Half way up to the 'bar by the far by the mar' along the path a long section of rock has fallen into the sea and temporary railings have been put up. It is amazing that this could have happened in the storm because it is very high up.

Other news -

The areas near the bus garage that are used for parking have been blocked off, maybe they are going to start to charge to park there.

At Blanes there is a fairly large boat washed up on the beach.
Go to Top of Page

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  11:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome and many thanks for the pictures.
We used to sit up against the wall when it was windy so know the position well.
Shame about Diana etc.We down for a short weekend at the end of April to open our place up and to see things for ourselves.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Mollat
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  12:07:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to hear from a new member of the forum and thank you both for the photos and info re repairs. Two friends are currently in Tossa and are due back next week. Should get a further update from them.

Sandra
Go to Top of Page

canyelles

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  09:59:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing I forgot to mention is that "Ava Gardner" had disappeared.

Does anyone know where she has gone?

Is it temporary? Was it anything to do with the storm?
Go to Top of Page

ann thomas

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2009 :  12:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by canyelles

Hi, I am new here so I thought I would just say a little about myself.

My name is Steve and I have a house at Cala Canyelles, between Lloret and Tossa (very close to El Trull if you are familiar with that restaurant)

I have just spent 3 weeks at the house and went to Tossa on 3 occasions.

Here are some pictures I took of the damage at Tossa.

http://picasaweb.google.com/canyelles.gray/TossaInPeril?authkey=Gv1sRgCKGDssWHjKjeeA#

As you can see there is still plenty of work to do, the balastrades in particular are looking in a a very sorry state.

Also a few bars and restaurants are not only boarded up but actually bricked up. This includes Hotel Diana. I presume this is to temporarily seal them off so that they can be internally restored.

Half way up to the 'bar by the far by the mar' along the path a long section of rock has fallen into the sea and temporary railings have been put up. It is amazing that this could have happened in the storm because it is very high up.

Other news -

The areas near the bus garage that are used for parking have been blocked off, maybe they are going to start to charge to park there.

At Blanes there is a fairly large boat washed up on the beach.

ann thomas
Go to Top of Page

canyelles

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  09:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I thought I would give you all a quick update, I have just come back from 3 weeks in Spain.

The balastrades along the beach have not been replaced 'like for like', they have been replaced by solid walls which look fairly ugly, in my opinion.

Hotel Diana is fully open again.

'Ava Gardner' is now back in her normal location.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page