General Chat
 New project, please help us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aunty Andrea

Spain
17 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2013 :  07:50:45  Show Profile  Visit Aunty Andrea's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello All,
As a lot of you will already know I have lived in Tossa de mar since 1985. During my time here I/we have had a few businesses. Well, the time has now come to sink my teeth into a new exciting project. We are just about to sign for a lovely little b&b with a huge sun trap garden. This garden needs a complete overhaul and I'm aiming to create a beautiful/magical space.
I'm asking for suggestions about flowers and plants, that you have seen around Tossa during your visits and think should be included in my garden.
Also, we plan on having soirees and already have lined up local artisans to exhibit and chat about what they paint/make, what and where inspires them in Tossa. One of which will be Miquel Artus and his photographs of Tossa. http://www.artus.es/pages/autor. His work is spectacular and must be seen. Amongst many other achievements he was a finalist for the TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2012.
Suggestions for more topics that you would like to learn more about would be greatly appreciated. Oh and before I forget we will of course have the most extensive menu of gins in Spain! Thankyou in advance. Andrea

Aunty Andrea

Spain
17 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2013 :  19:33:34  Show Profile  Visit Aunty Andrea's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please take a preview look and let me know what you think. It was actually one of the first places to stay in Tossa de mar back in the fifties. We should be completely ready by 1.5.2013

https://www.facebook.com/HortaRosellTossa
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Mollat
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2013 :  12:42:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Andrea,

I met you at Kevin's birthday at Bar Claudi.

Some of the plants which I have seen round Tossa are zinnia,plectranthus,canna,lantana,oleander,lavender,rosemary,clivia miniata,bougainvillea,jasmine,wisteria,geraniums,aspidistra,canary ivy,roses etc. For sheer colour and impact my favourite are zinnias. Hope this list may be helpful and good luck with the hostel. Sandra
Go to Top of Page

June
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  14:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't think she'll get all those in the garden. Jasmine & mint mint are said to be excellent for wading off mossies, so do think about them

Junio Uno
Go to Top of Page

June
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2013 :  10:40:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And don't forget Rosemary (the plant,not the woman)

Junio Uno
Go to Top of Page

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2013 :  13:52:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We know the position well,before the main road was widened the owners cats used to lounge in the big garden.
We will certainly pop in on our visit in June and do expect a review on travel websites shortly afterwards!
ps Any chance of a plunge pool?
Go to Top of Page

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2013 :  13:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh ! How can anyone forget me !
Go to Top of Page

geoffval
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
340 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2013 :  08:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are down from 15th to the 25th of June and it is great to see so many positive comments on Andreas new project on TripAdvisor.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g230087-d1477546-Reviews-Horta_Rosell_Hotel-Tossa_de_Mar_Costa_Brava_Province_of_Girona_Catalonia.html
Auntie Andrea has even started posting on the busy forums page- recommending her Mojitos!
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g230087-i1270-Tossa_de_Mar_Costa_Brava_Province_of_Girona_Catalonia.html
Hope to see some of the old faces next week at the usual haunts and maybe at HortaRossel
Go to Top of Page

June
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2013 :  12:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry we won't see you AGAIN this year but hope you enjoy your stay & visits to Andrea's new venture, which looks like it's a success

Junio Uno
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page