New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  13:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a question we sometimes think about when we don't know a place very well, so I will tell you of our experience.
As in any place at home or in a different country, it is wise to be aware of any scams, pitfalls etc. We all should know to be aware of pickpockets around busy places like markets, fairs etc. and strangers asking to "carry our suitcases"
We have met many elderly ladies in small groups and on their own, who love the fact that they don't feel threatened or afraid when they walk around Tossa, even at night. Our daughter who is 30 years old, has spent a week there on her own, and we did not worry because we have made friends in local bars and restaurants, and she is known to quite a few holidaymakers, who do look out for each other. She didn't feel uncomfortable at all. The staff in the dining room at Hotel Costa Brava made a fuss of her, as did those at the restaurants we use.
So if you are a single or elderley traveller be alert in crowded places, make friends with the locals, and you will have a great time in Tossa de Mar.

I must go down to Tossa again to the azure seas and sky
And all I ask is fair weather as my time there passes by.
Adapted from "Sea Fever" by John Masefield

john
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  20:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, you have given a very good summation of how it is.We have walked the streets of Tossa at all hours,and never ever felt vulnerable.We have not yet been in any bar or restaurant,where the staff were not anything other than friendly and helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Algon

Netherlands
13 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2006 :  15:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tossa is the only place on earth, where I can let my wife shopping on her own, while I guard the terrace!!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page