New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2005 :  20:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin mentioned good Sangria in his recent posting which led me to the next question for everyone.
Where in Tossa can you still get real Sangria made from scratch, and not that awful bottled or packet stuff, or even worse the stuff they sell out of the "pumps" in some places.
I have been told that the Spanish drink Sangria with lunch, and not with Dinner, I like it anytime

We would love to live in Tossa !!!

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2005 :  00:54:37  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a really hard one, even though Kevin and I drink lots of Sangria, we find it hard to recommend a bar that serves a really good one.

We actually find that we have our best Sangrias with our dinner in restaurants, like Can Carlus, Can Pini and Hotel Capri.

We used to really enjoy the Sangria in bar La Lluna, which sadly was taken over a few years ago. The owner, Rafa, is still a good friend.

Oh, and Carlos at La Ardilla makes a nice one, of wine or cava.

It's a real shame that the 'national drink' of Spain has been reduced to cartons and pumps!

Go to Top of Page

Sandra Mollat
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2005 :  16:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, good sangria is now hard to find, but a homemade sangria [red wine] can still be enjoyed at the Hostal del Mar, on the sea front, next to the Hotel Capri. Feel sure that Sarah and Kevin have joined us there for a glass or two in the past. As to sangia made with Cava, the best one is at home!
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Administrator

United Kingdom
625 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2005 :  18:28:03  Show Profile  Visit Sarah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Of course! Sorry Sandra, totally forgot about that one! Yes, the Sangria at the Hostel del Mar is really good. Strong, but good. A bottle of water was required, I remember, when we shared a litre. One glass Sangria, one glass water. Otherwise we'd never have made it home!

And such a nice place to sit, with the Vila Vella all lit up and the sound of the waves lapping onto the beach.
Go to Top of Page

June
Platinum Member

United Kingdom
339 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2005 :  12:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have enjoyed a very good champagne sangria at Bar Elsa near the Costa Brava Hotel. It MUST be made by Aurora, Pedro's wife, bacause she puts more alcohol in them. The prices are very cheap there too. You really need someone to share a litre, although they do sell half litres there AND it isn't very far back to the hotel when you have had your fill

Junio Uno
Go to Top of Page

john
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2005 :  19:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hola! sorry I've been absent for a wee while,but my wife has been quite ill ,however she is getting better every day,and would like to recommend the sangria in El Quijote near the Hotel Oasiss. When Pedro makes it,try a half litre to start with!!!,We did'nt, Big mistake!!!but it seemed like a good idea at the time!

John Eadie
Go to Top of Page

claredenandrose
Platinum Member

Spain
294 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2005 :  20:16:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We used to really enjoy the Sangria that Manuel and Francisco made at the Taverna del Mar, but unfortunately they retired at the end of last season and we didn't have the heart to go in there this year, we really miss them, but they are now retired.

Go to Top of Page

Wayne

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  22:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by claredenandrose

We used to really enjoy the Sangria that Manuel and Francisco made at the Taverna del Mar, but unfortunately they retired at the end of last season and we didn't have the heart to go in there this year, we really miss them, but they are now retired.

Just going through the forums/fora? We was disappointed to find that these such friendly characters have retired.
We were always welcomed by both at any time of the day or night.
We were looking forward to our first visit for a few years ( been saving up after our daughters wedding)& having our first drink there.
We did the same on arival to Tossa many years ago & their gin & tonics were always a good measure - we lost the afternoon!
We will miss them too.
Yvonne & Wayne
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TossaCostaBrava.com Forums © 2000-05 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page